Gusty A.E. Sunseri & Associates, P.C.
Call for a Free Consultation
Phone: 412-455-5388

Posts tagged "parental rights"

Termination of Parental Rights

As a Pittsburgh attorney, I occasionally encounter situations where one parent asks whether he or she can give up his or her parental rights to their child. There are a number of reasons that an attorney gets this question. Sometimes a parent is frustrated because he or she has not been able to see their child for a long time and has simply given up. Sometimes, the custodial parent asks if the absentee parent would be willing to give up his or rights. Sometimes, unfortunately, a parent would rather give up his or her parental rights than pay child support. So what happens when a parent no longer wants to retain his or her parental rights?

Grandparent rights debate heating up nationwide

Every parent has their own unique parenting style, however, many people when starting to raise a child look to their own parents, the child's grandparents, for advice and guidance on everything from diaper changing to discipline. Although grandparents can play an important role in raising a young child, some parent's don't want any interference from their child's grandparents. Is it their right to restrict access of grandparents to children? Grandparent rights are exactly what the U.S. Supreme Court will address this winter.

Google map
Gusty A.E. Sunseri & Associates, P.C

1290 Freeport Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Toll Free: 888-894-0351
Phone: 412-455-5388
Fax: 412-968-0254
Pittsburgh Law Office Map