Gusty A.E. Sunseri & Associates, P.C. Attorneys at Law Super Lawyers

December 2012 Archives

Juvenile Record Expungement

As everyone is aware, having a criminal record can be detrimental to an individual in many ways including limiting employment options and social stigma. Criminal records remain in the state system unless you make an effort is made to expunge that record. This also applies to juvenile records.

New Underage Drinking Law...

As of December 24, 2012, the penalties for underage drinking and public drunkenness in Pennsylvania will increase significantly. On October 25, 2012, Governor Corbett signed into law Act No. 205, increasing the fines for the above offenses. Prior to the Governor signing the Act, if you were convicted of underage drinking in a Pennsylvania Magisterial District Court, you were subject to a $300 fine, responsible for paying court costs and suffered a 90 day driver's license suspension. If you were convicted for a second or subsequent time, the fine would increase to $500 and the license suspension was raised to a full year.

How Does Public Assistance Affect Child Support?

I recently had a prospective client contact my office looking to file for child support. In this case, mother was the primary caregiver and was not employed. The child's father however, was collecting Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Mother wanted to know if she could file for support and collect from father's SSI benefits.

Do I Have to Support More Than One Family?

I have recently received a number of calls from prospective clients asking whether if having a new family has any affect on a child support obligation. The answer is, maybe. The entire question turns on the amounts of money earned by all relevant parties: the parents of the first family, and the parents of the second family.

Emancipation - When Does Child Support End?

I have recently fielded some questions regarding the termination of child support orders. Specifically, prospective clients have contacted me wondering why, after their child has turned 18, the support order wasn't automatically terminated. After all, once the child turns 18 and is no longer a minor, shouldn't the support obligation stop?

Contact Me

If you need to speak with an attorney about an important legal matter, contact my law office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. To schedule a free consultation, call 412-455-5388, or contact me by e-mail.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Gusty A.E. Sunseri & Associates, P.C.

1290 Freeport Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Toll Free: 888-894-0351
Phone: 412-455-5388
Fax: 412-968-0254
Map & Directions