Gusty A.E. Sunseri & Associates, P.C.
Call for a Free Consultation
Phone: 412-455-5388

Protection from Abuse Archives

Protection from Abuse - How Do I Help My Child?

I previously wrote an entry about the options available for a victim of abuse to obtain a Protection from Abuse (PFA) order against his/her abuser. However, what if you aren't the victim, but your child is? Fortunately, the Protection from Abuse Act anticipates such a situation and permits a parent or guardian to file for a PFA on behalf of the abused child. The Court has the power to enter any order to prevent the abuse of a child.

Protection From Abuse (PFA)

Unfortunately, in the search for love and companionship, many people become involved in abusive relationships. I'm sure every one of us knows someone who has been in a situation like this and thinks, "If that were me, I'd get myself out of that relationship in a heartbeat." Sadly, it isn't always that simple and leaving an abusive relationship can be difficult considering the abused party may be afraid of what the abuser could do if he/she attempts to leave. If you were in an abusive relationship and wanted to get protection from your abuser, would you know where to start?

Google map
Gusty A.E. Sunseri & Associates, P.C

1290 Freeport Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Toll Free: 888-894-0351
Phone: 412-455-5388
Fax: 412-968-0254
Pittsburgh Law Office Map